“The opportunity to receive both formal and on-the-job training helped me be able to complete a variety of tax planning projects and small business valuations during my internship, which then had a positive impact on the transition to my full-time position at BLS.”
– Karly Laughlin, Senior Accountant / University of Delaware ‘09
CAREER BEGINNINGS AT BLS
BLS respects and values our internship process as an important part of our recruiting practice. We listen and build relationships with our interns, professors, college career services departments and the community in order to provide the most beneficial internship experience for both our interns and our firm.
BLS Summer Internship Program Summary
- The summer internship program has flexible hours and is aimed at combining formal
learning with real world experiences.
- The first segment of the program is spent getting acquainted with the firm and learning
the advanced accounting software programs that are used.
- Interns develop and apply the skills that they have learned in college and throughout the
orientation by engaging in a variety of activities.
- As active members of the team, interns work on jobs for clients alongside other team
members ranging from staff to director. Interns attend meetings, complete data analysis,
and learn to perform work assignments similar to that of a first-year staff member.
- The internship program provides a chance to network and work with accomplished
professionals in the accounting field.
Contact Jenni Fleck Jones for additional information regarding our Summer Internship Program.