“My internship with BLS gave me everything I could have hoped for and far more. I gained a wealth of experience performing actual work assignments and I was fully equipped to start a career in public accounting and a career with BLS.”
– Michael Abernathy, Staff Accountant / University of Delaware ‘16
YOUR CAREER BEGINS AT BLS
BLS respects and values our internship process as an important part of our recruiting practice. We listen and build relationships with our interns, professors, college career services departments and the community in order to provide the most beneficial internship experience for both our interns and our firm.
You can find BLS on many local college campuses throughout the year recruiting for Summer Internships and Staff Accountant positions. Visit our calendar to see when we will be on your campus. Don’t see your college listed but are interested in working for a Top Workplace CPA firm in Delaware? Simply contact Jenni Fleck Jones to discuss our opportunities.
College Recruiting Timeline
- On-Campus Meet the Firms and Career Fairs – September 7 – October 11
- On-Campus Interviews – Week of September 25
- BLS In-House Interviews – Week of October 16
BLS Summer Internship Program
- Provides flexible hours aimed to combine formal learning with real world experiences.
- Creates familiarity with firm processes while learning advanced accounting software programs used.
- Develops learned skills by engaging in a variety of activities.
- Simulates work assignments of a Staff I Accountant.
- Offers networking opportunities with accomplished professionals in the public accounting field.
What to expect
- Duration – 8-week/40-hour schedule combining formal learning with real world experiences
- Education – gain knowledge of advanced accounting software programs used
- Application – develop and apply learned skills through a variety of activities in all departments of the firm
- Engagement – learn to perform work assignments as a first year staff member and an active part of the BLS Team
- Connection – network with accomplished professionals in the accounting field
How to apply
Contact Jenni Fleck Jones for additional information regarding our College Recruiting, Staff Accountant Positions and Summer Internship Program.