Senior Accountant – Accounting & Auditing
BLS, one of the largest and most established certified public accounting firms in Delaware, is seeking a professional with advanced technical skills in a variety of audit and small business areas, including preparation and review of work papers, financial statements and reports.
Job duties include:
- Planning and executing the full scope of audit, review and accounting engagements for a variety of mid-sized, privately held businesses
- Primary liaison between the client and the Supervisor, Manager or Director
- Preparation, review and analysis of various financial statements
- Staying compliant with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups
- Mentoring of new staff on assignments, while simultaneously performing efficiently on engagements
- Preparation of tax returns for varying entities, is a plus
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years public accounting experience in an audit or accounting environment
- CPA certification or evidence of working towards certification
- Ability to travel to same-day work at client locations
- Working knowledge of small business and audit compliance
- Ability to work independently
- Some supervisory experience and client relations skills
- Working knowledge of ProSystems software, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Microsoft Office and other programs related to tax planning, depreciation and accounting
BLS is an Eight-Time Winner of the News Journal’s Top Workplaces Award and an independent member firm of PrimeGlobal, one of the most expansive associations of independent accounting firms in the world. We offer opportunities for growth and a diverse workload with flexible hours, competitive salary, excellent benefits, state-of-the-art technology and continued training. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.