Senior Accountant – Tax & Small Business
BLS, one of the largest and most established certified public accounting firms in Delaware, is seeking a professional with advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and small business areas, including preparation and review of work papers, reports and returns needed for tax compliance and compilation and review engagements.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Preparing complicated tax returns
- Making inquiries to various tax authorities
- Demonstrating an ability to supervise and prioritize simultaneous engagements, including appropriate delegation of duties
- Reviewing changes in work performed from prior years, considering changes in client’s accounting procedures and making adjustments to comply with changes in tax laws or accounting pronouncements
Other Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years public accounting experience
- CPA certification or evidence of working towards certification
- Working knowledge of small business tax compliance
- Ability to work independently
- Some supervisory experience and client relations skills
- Working knowledge of ProSystems software, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Microsoft Office and other programs related to tax planning, depreciation and accounting
BLS is an Eight-Time Winner of the News Journal’s Top Workplaces Award and an independent member firm of PrimeGlobal, one of the most expansive associations of independent accounting firms in the world. We offer opportunities for growth and a diverse workload with flexible hours, competitive salary, excellent benefits, state-of-the-art technology and continued training. Travel is limited, and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.