Michael Kelly, CPA
Tax & Small Business
I work smart for my clients, making sure to consider their whole financial picture while keeping their best interests at the forefront of my mind."
Mike assists for-profit and nonprofit clients with their business returns, some of which involve financial statements. He commonly works on partnership income tax returns that involve special allocations of income among its partners. He is also a member of the firm’s Estate & Trust Section where he specializes in the preparation of tax returns associated with estates, trusts and gifts. To further build his estate & trust knowledge, Mike graduated in 2013 from the Villanova School of Business with a masters degree in taxation with a concentration in wealth & estate planning.
Within the firm, Mike is known for his ability to research and understand uncertain or unusual federal or state income tax issues. Mike is a member of the firm’s QuickBooks ProAdvisor Team and enjoys assisting clients in utilizing QuickBooks to its fullest capabilities. He is also a contributor to the firm’s tax and small business blog, A Matter of Tax and presents on estate, trust and tax issues to local trade organizations.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NAIFA Delaware
- Delaware Estate Planning Council
Boards & Committees
- Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry – Emerging Leaders Member
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mathematics Education
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Villanova School of Business – Masters in Taxation
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor