International Tax Senior Accountant
BLS is seeking a professional, with a high degree of interest in becoming part of a rapidly growing international tax practice, who has experience and developed technical skills in a variety of international tax services related to the coordination of US and foreign tax laws and their implications on US and foreign multinational companies.
Job duties include:
- Assisting with all aspects of international tax compliance for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates, including preparation of work papers and US income tax returns related to client’s foreign operations (i.e., Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8938, 1120DISC, 1040NR and other similar forms)
- Researching tax-efficient structuring of inbound and outbound international transactions, effective use of tax treaties and/or Totalization Agreements, planning related to offshore investment activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes of US-based multinational clients
- Understanding and applying foreign aspects of accounting, including analysis of intercompany transactions such as intercompany loans and other payments as they relate to US tax implications
- Assisting with development and execution of international marketing initiatives, including maintaining strong client relations and cross-selling services
- Attending professional development and training sessions on a regular basis to stay informed regarding tax changes and issues that could affect international clients
Desired qualifications include:
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting for income taxes related to multinational companies
- An ability to work independently with strong organizational skills
- 3-4 years public accounting experience (with at least 2 years of international experience)
- CPA certification
- Working knowledge of ProSystems software, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Microsoft Office and other programs related to tax planning, depreciation and accounting
Bi-lingual or multi-lingual proficiency is a plus
BLS is an Eight-Time Winner of the News Journal’s Top Workplaces Award and an independent member firm of PrimeGlobal, one of the most expansive associations of independent accounting firms in the world. We offer opportunities for growth and a diverse workload with flexible hours, competitive salary, excellent benefits, state-of-the-art technology and continued training. Travel is limited, and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.