“exceptional people, doing exceptional things”
At BLS, we are dedicated to serving those in our community, whether as a company or individually though our Direct Impact Program. We are “exceptional people, doing exceptional things” which goes beyond the walls of our building and will continue to do so for years to come. As ambassadors for the State of Delaware, we believe that in order to encourage a charitable mindset in our employees we must as an organization possess a charitable attitude. We work very hard to “give back” to our community in different ways, such as event sponsorship, event participation, advertising with nonprofits, and donating money or other items for charity drives, estimating to the equivalent of tens of thousands of dollars every year. We are not a company that likes to sit on the sidelines, but prefer to take an active role in making Delaware and our community the best it can be.
Direct Impact Elements Include:
BLS’s volunteer time off (VTO) program enables team members to take time off during normal business hours to volunteer at local nonprofit organizations. The specific goals of our VTO program include:
- Making a difference by supporting volunteer activities that enhance and serve the communities in which we live and work
- Encouraging participation and teamwork among BLS Team Members
- Connecting with community members to further develop philanthropic goals of the firm
BLS sponsors and participates in numerous nonprofit events, including fundraisers, galas, golf outings, and initiatives. We have fun in the community, while supporting many causes that could not survive without the community’s generosity. Below are just some examples of how BLS helps make our community thrive.
- Event Sponsorships
- Golf outing sponsorships and participation
- Trade organization annual dinner sponsorships and participation
- Nonprofit Gala sponsorships and participation
- Education focused sponsorships and participation, such as UD Horn Program for Entrepreneurship and the DSCC Principal for a Day Program
- Accounting for Every Mile – BLS’s running team that has participated in and raise money for various local nonprofits
BLS employees participate in various charity drives and fundraising events throughout the year. Our employee giving program has raised up to $6,000 and benefited 12 different charities annually with those funds. Along with our employee giving program donations, BLS Team Members participate in charity drives, such as a backpack drive for kids heading back to school, food drives during the holiday, and shoe drives for those in need. We are proud of our BLS Family and grateful for every person’s individual generosity.
Supporting community service efforts as a company inspires our employees to give back in their own individual ways. Our employees are very generous with their time – we believe it is reinforced by our service-oriented atmosphere created in the workplace environment.
BLS team members serve the community in many ways, including:
- Officer/Board members of nonprofit organizations
- Committee team members at local schools
- Coaching, managing social media, refereeing sports teams
- Active volunteer at the Wilmington Flower Market
- Serving at religious organizations/members of church congregations