At BLS, we believe in empowering our team and have developed a Leadership Program to guide our professionals through their career at the firm. Below is a sample of ways our leaders are empowered.
Leadership Program Benefits Include:
Upon promotion to Supervisor, BLS team members are invited to attend the AICPA EDGE Experience. This conference is held at exciting locations throughout the US where our young professionals can surround themselves with powerful influencers in our industry and discover what it takes to propel their careers. Along with the EDGE Experience, members of our firm attend various local young professionals conferences, seminars, and events.
Upon promotion to Manager, BLS team members are invited to participate in our unique Coaching Program. This program is tailored to help our leaders grow their career, increase client satisfaction, learn leadership techniques, and refine their communication style. Everyone that participates in this program receives one-on-one, individual coaching with a professional executive coach.
BLS values our professionals, their opinions, and their ideas which is why our up-and-coming leaders are invited to participate in the department leadership meetings held throughout the firm. We think having future leaders at the table is imperative for the growth of our firm.
BLS team members eventually participate in our industry or service line niches. Staff who are interested in a service line or industry outside of our current niche areas are encouraged to follow their passion and present their ideas. BLS team members can contribute and make a difference at any level. Innovative and creative thinkers are the building blocks of an entrepreneurial spirit, and that spirit is what will continue to sustain BLS.
Sample Project Opportunities
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Estate Planning
BLS team members are encouraged to pursue additional college level coursework, achieve their CPA Certificate and strive for more specialized certifications. All of this will enhance their knowledge and help to better serve our clients.
- The firm contributes to the cost of the CPA Exam preparatory course and for the time to sit for the exam for up to two times for each subject part.
- The firm contributes to the cost of any courses and sitting fees to achieve specialized certifications
- The firm will reimburse up to $5,000 per year for continuing education, such as a Masters degree or similar
BLS is proud to be an independent member firm of PrimeGlobal. PrimeGlobal is one of the 5 largest associations of independent accounting firms in the world, comprised of approximately 300 highly successful independent public accounting firms in over 80 countries. This membership benefits our BLS family in many ways, such as:
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Ability to call on a member firm with questions or to brainstorm similar issues
- World reach
- Special Interest Groups for specialized services lines
- Conferences geared to different targets to provide training and networking
- Friendships that last a lifetime
An open-door policy among the Directors and upper-level management fosters an environment where the staff feel important and free to ask questions. Because the Directors are so approachable, a continual state of mentoring and advising occurs naturally. Even though individual advisor assignments are made for each of the staff, it’s still very easy to converse with and learn from all of our leaders. By being able to talk with the Directors on a personal level, the staff are better able to see their future as leaders.
Every BLS team member contributes to various administrative projects in an effort to make the firm even better. The best part is you get to contribute to something that is of interest to you! Whether it be participating on campus for college recruiting, spreading the word about our firm at trade organization events, being a technical guru, or participating in a special project such as Six Sigma, everyone brings different talents to the table.
Sample Project Opportunities
- Build or strengthen a Niche
- Attend trade organization events, such as the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement or the Chester County Estate Planning Council
- Attend trade shows to promote the firm, such as the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce Tabletop Mixer or the Delaware State Bar Association Bench & Bar Conference
- Conduct interviews for college and experienced hires
- Attend college career fairs
- Improve processes by being a part of our Six Sigma programs
- Train staff
- Be a mentor
- Be the technical go-to person for a specific topic
- Write blogs or articles for distribution
- Introduce a new client to the firm (Eligible for new client bonus)
- Recommend a new employee to the firm (Eligible for recruitment bonus)