An estate plan doesn’t just protect your heirs and minimize estate taxes. It clearly outlines your most specific intentions. Do you think you don’t have to worry about having an estate plan because your estate is valued less than the federal exclusion amount? Not so. If you don’t know where your estate is going, it will never get there. Let us help you make a plan, and review it every five years.
We not only listen to you, we collaborate with your entire advisory team: your attorney, investment advisor, and insurance professional – with a goal to help put together a plan for living.
Why Estate Plans Change
- Impending retirement
- Death of a spouse/family member
- Change in marital status
- Family member with special needs
- Substantial growth in net worth
- Anticipated or recent inheritance
- Planned charitable giving
- Change in beneficiaries
- Birth/adoption of children or grandchildren
- Non-traditional family households
- Spouse is a non-U.S. citizen
- Asset protection
Our Estate & Trust Services:
- Federal estate and state inheritance tax planning
- Beneficiary designation review to maximize benefits
- Charitable giving technique recommendations
- Life insurance needs review
- Use of trusts and family limited partnerships consulting
- Federal and state tax return preparation for the estate/trust and beneficiaries
- Lifetime gifting planning
- Federal inheritance tax return preparation for inheritances from a non-U.S. citizen
Interested in establishing a trust in Delaware?
Creating a trust in the State of Delaware offers significant benefits, click here to learn more.