ERISA Audits for Cherry Hill (NJ) Companies
Belfint Lyons & Shuman serves employers in New Jersey and across Cherry Hill with their 401(k) plan audit needs. The reporting and other requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) are complex and regularly changing. Careful consideration needs to be exercised to ensure plan operations are following plan provisions, legislative requirements, and participant elections. In other words, a retirement plan audit is a specialty audit that requires more than foundational knowledge of basic accounting and auditing principles.
We have significant experience serving the various types of retirement plans offered by New Jersey employers. This includes defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare, and more. In fact, the DOL places so much importance on finding the right plan auditor they produced, Selecting An Auditor for Your Employee Benefit Plan. As you will see when reviewing it, that our firm meets the criteria for an experienced auditor that can guide your team through the process.
Cherry Hill NJ – Essential Facts
- Highest Paying Jobs – The highest paying jobs for residents include architecture and engineering occupations ($110,583), management occupations ($94,712) and computer, engineering and science occupations ($88,409).
- Common Industries – The most common industries of employment include healthcare and social assistance (1,265 people), retail and retail trade (881 people) and manufacturing (881 people).
- Domestic Production/Consumption – The top domestic production includes pharmaceuticals ($48.1B), Electronics ($36.5B) and Motorized Vehicles ($35.3B).
Source: Pay Scale
Key 401(k) Audit Services:
- Comprehensive audit services, including testing participant account balances to verify
their accuracy and completeness
- Operational consulting regarding participant and employer contributions, benefit payments,
and loan processing
- Form 5500 preparation and review
- ERISA and DOL reporting requirements
- Plan design options information and recommendations
- Plan correction assistance
Benefit Plan Associations & Certifications
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC) Member
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- ASPPA Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- PrimeGlobal Employee Benefit Special Interest Group
- Penjerdel Employee Benefits and Compensation Association (PEBA)
- AICPA Advanced Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and Health and Welfare Plans Audit Certifications
- ASPPA Qualified 401(k) Administrators (QKA)
- Retirement Plans Associate (RPA)
401k Plan Resources – New Jersey Businesses
- New Jersey Business & Industry Association – 401(k) Beginner’s Guide
- New Jersey Treasury – Plan Information for Employers
- American Benefits Council – Publications
- American Institute of CPAs – Plan Sponsor Resource Center
- Plan Sponsor Council of America – Resources
Contact Our 401(k) Audit Team
Belfint Lyons & Shuman provides benefit plan audit services to companies in Cherry Hill and across New Jersey (NJ). Please complete the form below and a member of our team will follow up with you.