IMPORTANT DEADLINE: All Employers and Businesses
All employers must have distributed 2021 W-2 forms to their employees and Form 1099s to their proper recipients.
BUSINESSES: Give annual information statements to recipients of certain payments you made during 2021. You can use the appropriate version of Form 1099 or other information return. Form 1099 can be issued electronically with the consent of the recipient. Payments that may be covered include the
- Cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) purchased from anyone engaged in
the trade or business of catching fish.
- Compensation for workers who aren’t considered employees (including fishing
boat proceeds to crew members).
- Dividends and other corporate distributions.
- Payments of Indian gaming profits to tribal members.
- Profit-sharing distributions.
- Retirement plan distributions.
- Original issue discount.
- Prizes and awards.
- Medical and health care payments.
- Debt cancellation (treated as payment to debtor).
- Cash payments over $10,000. See the Form 8300 instructions.