Looking for Assistance with Your Philadelphia (PA) 401(k) Plan audit?
Belfint Lyons & Shuman serves employers in Pennsylvania including the greater Philadelphia area with their retirement plan audit compliance needs. The reporting and compliance requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) are complex and frequently changing. Careful consideration needs to be exercised to ensure plan operations are following plan provisions, legislative requirements, and participant elections. In other words, a retirement plan audit is a specialty audit that requires more than the foundation knowledge of basic accounting and auditing principles.
We have significant experience serving the various types of retirement plans offered by Pennsylvania and greater Philadelphia area employers. This includes defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare and other types of retirement plans. The DOL places so much importance on finding the right plan auditor to perform a quality audit that it has produced an information pamphlet for employers entitled, Selecting An Auditor for Your Employee Benefit Plan. As you will see when reviewing it, our firm meets the criteria for an experienced auditor that can guide your team through the process with as little interruptions as possible.
Essential Facts – Philadelphia, PA
- 6th largest workforce in the U.S. of just over 3 million
- 10 Fortune 500 Companies are headquartered in Philadelphia
- 45 million people live within 200 miles — putting Philadelphia at the core of the country’s wealthiest and most densely populated area.
Did you know that Philadelphia won the Public Integrity Award for outstanding contributions to responsible public service?
Key 401(k) Facts
- 401(k) plans held an estimated $5.7 trillion in assets
- 2 Million people participate in 401(k) plans
- Currently, there are 80 Million Active Participants in 401(k) plans
Philadelphia 401(k) Plan Audit Services Include:
- Comprehensive audit services, performed in a timely and efficient manner, resulting in an independent qualified plan audit report for attachment to the Form 5500 Filing, as required by ERISA.
- Consulting on all aspects of plan operations including, participant and employer contributions, benefit payments, loan processing, and other areas
- Form 5500 preparation and review
- Plan design consulting
- Plan correction assistance
We Audit the Following Philadelphia Plan Types:
- Profit sharing plans, including 401(k) plans
- 403(b) plans
- 457(b) plans
- Taft-Hartley defined benefit pension plans
- Taft-Hartley welfare benefit plans
- Taft-Hartley annuity plans
Benefit Plan Associations & Certifications
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC) Member
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- ASPPA Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- PrimeGlobal Employee Benefit Special Interest Group
- Penjerdel Employee Benefits and Compensation Association (PEBA)
- AICPA Advanced Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and Health and Welfare Plans Audit Certifications
- ASPPA Qualified 401(k) Administrators (QKA)
- Retirement Plans Associate (RPA)
Contact Our Philadelphia 401(k) Audit Team
Belfint Lyons & Shuman can provide benefit plan audit services to companies in Philadelphia and across Pennsylvania. Please complete the form below and a member of our team will follow up with you promptly.