Business owners often believe that the only time they will need a valuation is when they prepare to sell their company. They often don’t give much thought to a valuation for other purposes. While a valuation is commonly conducted when a business is being sold, many are surprised to find out there are other reasons they may need to have a valuation.
Why Valuations are Needed
- Selling a business
- Looking to purchase another company
- Developing a new shareholder or partner agreement
- Seeking company financing
- Succession planning
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Identifying benchmarks for strategic planning
- Litigation purposes (divorce, partner disputes)
Regardless of the reason for the valuation, it’s important to identify a provider that offers the right mix of technical expertise and practical guidance. Our seasoned roster of certified valuation professionals offers a unique blend of technical expertise and practical experience. We do more than just determine the value of your business; we provide direction on how to use this information for planning purposes or provide litigation support services should they be needed.
BLS valuation professionals take a comprehensive approach to valuing business interests. This is essential because rarely is there an established market for closely held business interests.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the latest market data
- Conduct the latest valuation techniques to arrive at an accurate valuation.
- Create a valuation report that is not only accurate but is defensible against outside scrutiny
- Review the latest administrative rulings and other regulatory concerns to ensure your valuation complies with the highest professional standards