Jon Patterson, CPA, CVA
Tax & Small Business
Taking the time to develop your own skills and knowledge today will enable you to make informed and well-thought-out decisions in the future.”
Jon serves the needs of for-profit and nonprofit entities through the preparation of tax returns and financial statements. He also has experience in performing multiple domestic functions for for-profit companies. Jon serves on the firm’s engagements relating to law firm IOLTA pre-certifications, and has experience with legal accounting software including Tabs3 and Elite. Due to Jon’s varied qualifications, he provides business litigation support and serves as an expert witness.
As a member of the firm’s QuickBooks ProAdvisor team, Jon co-leads the firms bookkeeping service line.
Within the firm, Jon assists with the firm’s recruiting efforts by attending events at the University of Delaware and dedicating time to our internal new hire interview and orientation process. Jon has also written articles for various local trade publications, most recently on the topic of business valuations in Delaware Banker.
Areas of Specialization
Business Consulting Business Valuations Litigation & Valuation Services Expert Witness Testimony Division of Marital Property Calculations Business Tax Multi-State and Local Tax (SALT) Individual Tax Law Firms Family Owned Businesses
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Boards & Committees
- Assisted various nonprofits during his career as both a board member and treasurer
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certified ProAdvisor
Insights from Jon
- American Rescue Plan Act – What we know so far
- COVID-19 Update: PPP Round Two Loan Applications Open
- Two Key Provisions of the COVID-19 Relief Bill – PPP and ERC
- COVID-19 Relief Bill – What we know so far
- Form 1099-NEC Additional Clarification
- Delaware Relief Grants Update from the Delaware Division of Small Business
- COVID-19 Update: SBA Released Streamlined Application for Some PPP Borrowers
- COVID-19 Update: Paycheck Protection Program FAQs
- The Importance of Effective Bookkeeping
- Common Valuation Mistakes to Avoid
- Documentation Needed for a Business Valuation
- Are you REALLY ready to start your online sales business?
- Have You Tested Your Buy-Sell Agreement?