Karly Laughlin, CPA
Tax & Small Business
When growing up, I knew I wanted to do something that involves interacting with people and my passion for numbers. I enjoy helping people by learning what motivates them. I quickly found accounting was the perfect blend of my love for numbers and people."
Karly began her career with the firm as an intern while completing her degree at the University of Delaware and has been with the firm ever since. Karly is a member of the firm’s Estate & Trust Section where she specializes in the preparation of tax returns associated with estates, trusts, and gifts. Karly also works with a variety of clients providing tax planning, tax preparation, accounting services, and QuickBooks maintenance. In addition, she is integral in the preparation of tax returns related to nonprofit organizations.
To stay abreast of important tax law and industry changes, Karly regularly attends the annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning conference, the Estate Planning Council of Delaware monthly meetings and Wilmington Tax Group meetings. Karly shares her knowledge by contributing to the firm’s tax and small business blog – A Matter of Tax and has presented on estate, trust, and tax issues at various local organizations.
Karly assists with the firm’s recruiting efforts by attending events at the University of Delaware and assisted with the firm’s website upgrade project.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware – Treasurer/Board Member
- Wilmington Tax Group
- 2017 CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 Honoree
Boards & Committees
- Delaware CarePlan – Treasurer
- Wilmington Flower Market – Volunteer
- Christmas Shop Foundation – Volunteer
- Faithful Friends Animal Society
- Animal Rescue
- 5K Participant
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting & Finance