Michael Kelly, CPA
Tax & Small Business
I work smart for my clients, making sure to consider their whole financial picture while keeping their best interests at the forefront of my mind."
Mike assists for-profit and nonprofit clients with their business returns, some of which involve financial statements. He commonly works on partnership income tax returns that involve special allocations of income among its partners. As a member of the firm’s Estate & Trust Section, he specializes in the preparation of tax returns associated with estates, trusts, and gifts. To further build his estate & trust knowledge, Mike received a masters degree in taxation with a concentration in wealth & estate planning from Villanova School of Business.
Within the firm, Mike is known for his ability to research and understand uncertain or unusual federal or state income tax issues. He enjoys assisting his clients with complex business transactions along with planning for their individual tax needs. He is also a contributor to the firm’s tax and small business blog, A Matter of Tax and presents on estate, trust and tax issues to local trade organizations.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware
- Wilmington Tax Group
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mathematics Education
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Villanova School of Business – Masters in Taxation
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor