Michael Kelly, CPA
Tax & Small Business
I work smart for my clients, making sure to consider their whole financial picture while keeping their best interests at the forefront of my mind."
Michael has over ten years of experience focusing on taxes while working with various types of industries including medical practices, optometrists, law firms, franchises, family-owned businesses, and construction.
Michael specializes in individual and business taxation, trust and estate taxation, state and local taxation, and nonprofit advisory. He frequently assists clients with their accounting questions and has a strong understanding of QuickBooks and other bookkeeping software. Continuously thinking of creative solutions that minimize taxes for his clients and increase client’s efficiency are two of the many areas where Michael excels. He also enjoys the challenge of researching uncertain or unusual federal and state income tax issues.
Michael has been published in the Delaware Bankers Association’s magazine and has presented tax updates at the Society of Financial Service Professionals and at the Delaware Tax Institute.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware
- Wilmington Tax Group
- Wilmington Flower Market – Perennial Tent Volunteer
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mathematics Education
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Villanova School of Business – Masters in Taxation