It is with great pleasure that Belfint, Lyons & Shuman, P.A. (BLS), a certified public accounting and consulting firm with offices in Delaware and Pennsylvania, announces a very special congratulations to the following individuals for their leadership promotions.
Michael Kelly and Karly Laughlin have been promoted to Principal in the firm’s Tax & Small Business Department:
- Michael D. Kelly, CPA celebrated his 12th anniversary with BLS over the summer and is known as a go-to technical resource to everyone in the firm and his clients. He is a trusted advisor to members of our rotational development program, all while keeping up with tax changes, creating new client connections, nurturing existing client relationships, and adding to the strategic discussions for BLS. Michael has been published in the Delaware Bankers Association’s magazine and has presented tax updates at the Society of Financial Service Professionals and at the Delaware Tax Institute. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA), the Estate Planning Council of Delaware, and Wilmington Tax Group. Within the community, he is involved with the Wilmington Flower Market where he enjoys being a Perennial Tent Volunteer. Michael received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Mathematics from the University of Delaware, a Master of Taxation from Villanova University, and he currently resides in Landenberg, Pennsylvania.
- Karly A. Laughlin, CPA recently celebrated her 11th anniversary with BLS and has built a wonderful career at BLS highly focused in tax, especially estates and trusts. Karly is an outstanding mentor to fellow BLS Team Members and has built strong relationships with her clients and business associates, especially those in the estate and trust community. She is well known in the community among attorneys and other business groups for her estate and trust expertise. Karly shares her knowledge by contributing to the firm’s tax and small business blog – A Matter of Tax and has presented on estate, trust, and tax issues at various local organizations. She was recently published in Trusts & Estates, a nationally recognized publication in her industry. Karly is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA), the Estate Planning Council of Delaware, and Wilmington Tax Group. Within the community, Karly is Treasurer of Delaware CarePlan, an active volunteer with the Wilmington Flower Market and the Christmas Shop Foundation, and an animal rescue advocate with Faithful Friends Animal Society. Karly received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Delaware and resides in Landenberg, Pennsylvania.
Steven Blahut, Casey Hagy, and Stacey Snyder have been promoted to Manager in their respective departments:
- Steven P. Blahut, CPA is a key member in the firm’s Corporate Service Department. Steve just celebrated his 19th anniversary at BLS and has supported the firm’s Delaware Holding Company practice group from the beginning of his BLS career. Steve is always ready to learn more about our clients and take on new challenges and responsibilities. Steve’s commitment to our clients and staff has been unwavering and we look forward to his continued growth and contribution to this very important segment of the firm. Steve is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA). Steve received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from William Paterson University and resides in Logan Township, New Jersey.
- Casey A. Hagy, CPA is a member of the firm’s Accounting & Auditing Department and recently celebrated her 8th anniversary with the firm as a full time BLS Team Member, although she has been assisting the firm on and off since high school. Casey’s passion for community service and ministering to others ultimately led her to specialize in the firm’s nonprofit practice group where she has become a highly competent professional and effective auditor with a knack for developing members of our rotational development program. Casey regularly contributes to the firm’s nonprofit blog – The Belfint Nonprofit Ledger. Casey is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA). Within the community, Casey is active within The Journey church where she serves on many teams, Living Water International, Feed My Starving Children, and as an active runner benefiting many local nonprofit organizations. Casey received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Cedarville University and her Not-for-Profit Core Concepts and Single Audit Certifications through the AICPA. Casey resides in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Stacey I. Snyder, CPA, QKA is a member of the firm’s Accounting & Auditing Department where she specializes in Employee Benefit Plan Audits. Stacey began as an intern at BLS in 2011 and joined the firm as a Staff Accountant in June of 2012. From the start, Stacey demonstrated a keen ability to quickly understand increasingly complex client situations and an amazing skill set for analyzing numbers using technology to mine data. Stacey is devoted to her craft and persistent in her approach to client service. Stacey regularly contributes to the firm’s employee benefit plan audit blog – The Art of the Qualified Plan Audit. Stacey’s blogs have even garnered national attention and have been published in publications such as The National Institute of Pension Administrators. Stacey is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA), and ASPPA Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia. Within the community, Stacey is a board member with Diamond State Curling, a proud rescue dog advocate, and an active runner benefiting many local nonprofit organizations. Stacey received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Widener University and a Master of Science in Accounting from the University of Delaware. Always wanting to expand her knowledge, she has earned over five industry certifications through the AICPA and trade organizations. Stacey resides in North Wilmington, Delaware.
About Belfint, Lyons & Shuman, P.A.:
Belfint, Lyons & Shuman was founded in 1923 as a small accounting practice whose staff was committed to building long-standing, mutually beneficial relationships with clients and business associates. Today, with over 80 professionals, we have become one of the largest and most respected certified public accounting firms in Delaware while never losing sight of our founding commitments. We have a diverse client base and offer services such as: advisory services, assurance, auditing, tax planning & compliance, small business services, litigation support, employee benefit plan audits, succession planning, business & management consulting and corporate services for investment holding companies. Visit our website at www.belfint.com.