Casey A. Hagy, CPA
Accounting & Auditing
It is my joy to work in the nonprofit industry. I love getting to know my clients and learning about all the good they do in our communities. I strive to provide my clients with exceptional service, insight, and solutions – not only during their audit, but throughout the year.
Casey joined the firm as an intern while completing her degree at Cedarville University, continued with the firm upon graduation, and has been an integral BLS Team member ever since. Casey specializes in nonprofit audits, specifically schools, membership organizations, religious organizations, voluntary health and welfare organizations, and other nonprofit organizations with Single Audit requirements under the Uniform Guidance. Casey also has QuickBooks and Excel experience, and she is readily available to assist clients in day-to-day use of these programs. What makes Casey stand out is her determination and motivation to successfully get the job done.
Casey also assists with the firm’s staff development and recruiting efforts by being a mentor to newer BLS Team Members, participating in the new hire orientation process, and being a panelist in the firm’s externship program. Philanthropy is a core value to Casey and she shines as an active participant in the firm’s Liaison Group, which coordinates community and firm events.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
Boards & Committees
- Active within The Journey church in Newark, Delaware
- Financial Peace University Leader
- Serves as Leader of the Counting Team
- Prepares the Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Giving Reports
- Living Water International
- Team Member – International Well Drilling Mission Trips
- Feed My Starving Children
- Meal Packing Program Volunteer
- Active 5k participant benefiting many local nonprofit organizations
Education & Certificates
- Cedarville University – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate: Core Concepts
- AICPA Single Audit Certificate: Intermediate