Christopher Ciminera, CPA, QKA
Accounting & Auditing
I enjoy partnering with my clients to help them with their compliance questions encountered throughout the year and providing valuable insight during their audit."
Chris is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan niche in the accounting and auditing services department where he specializes in auditing employee benefit plans of for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental entities. Chris also specializes in Form 5500 preparation. When necessary, Chris helps clients navigate and prepare filings for corrections of plan errors or late filings through the Department of Labor (DOL) Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Voluntary Correction Program, and DOL Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program.
Chris enjoys helping educate clients and others by regularly contributing to the niche’s blog – The Art of the Qualified Plan Audit. Chris’s blogs and articles have subsequently been published in the National Institute of Pension Administrators’ newsletter and the Society of Financial Service Professionals’ Qualified Plan newsletter. Chris was also used as a resource and quoted in the Plan Adviser Magazine article titled “Avoidance Strategies” on how advisers could help steer clear of common plan errors. He has presented on retirement plan audits to industry leaders within the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA) Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
Chris prides himself on being attentive to client needs and providing exceptional service above and beyond that required of a regular plan auditor. Chris stays current on trends and issues by, among other avenues, regularly attending industry conferences through the ASPPA national and greater Philadelphia chapters and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries
- ASPPA Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia – Steering Committee Member and Treasurer
- Toastmasters International – Past President and Treasurer of
Brandywine Toastmasters Club 359
Boards & Committees
- Member of the Surfrider Foundation whose mission is the protection of oceans,
waves, and beaches
- First Annual 2016 Millennial Summit – Speaker
- West Chester University – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator
- AICPA Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certification