Michael Mast, CPA, CFE
Accounting & Auditing
We strive to create a service experience that is so exceptional it organically creates loyalty.”
Michael started working at Belfint, Lyons & Shuman, P.A. immediately upon graduating from the University of Delaware and quickly passed all parts of the CPA exam. As a supervisor in the Accounting & Auditing Department, Michael’s strength is his command of technology and strategic use of data-extraction software to isolate errors and recognize internal control deficiencies. He utilizes his strong analytical skills and attention to detail to focus on the specialty practice areas of internal controls and forensic accounting.
Throughout the year, Michael works with a diverse group of clients including Taft-Hartley employee benefit plans, nonprofit organizations, construction companies, governmental entities, and various agreed-upon procedure engagements. The agreed-upon procedure engagements he specifically works with include payroll audits of companies that are signatory to collective bargaining agreements. Michael’s payroll audits have resulted in our clients’ collection of delinquencies in excess of $150,000.
Areas of Specialization
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Delaware League of Local Governments
Boards & Committees
- Active member of Love the Christ Church in Bear, Delaware
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- Certified Forensic Examiner