Jonathan Moll, CPA
Director/Executive Director of Strategy
Accounting & Auditing
We offer a unique value to clients, especially in the major metro markets surrounding Delaware. In Philadelphia, for example, we can provide a cost-efficient solution with the same level of quality that you’d get from a larger national or regional firm."
Ask Jon what drives his energetic and genuine approach to client service and he’ll say, “the thrill of providing solutions.” However, what separates Jon from the rest is his ability to not only solve clients’ problems as they arise, but anticipate issues and provide answers even before his clients realize they have a question.
Jon’s approach to providing exceptional audit service is simple: develop a great audit plan, promote an open and candid line of communication, and provide a team of well trained auditors who are familiar with your industry to carry out the plan. Jon often refers to the size and culture of BLS to be the “perfect blend” for carrying out this plan. With a talented team possessing a wide variety of niche expertise, our efficient approach minimizes the disruption of the process while at the same time maximizing engagement quality. A client even said to him, “That was as close to enjoyable as being audited can be.”
Jon possesses all of the necessary qualities when you are looking for a long-term relationship with a ‘bean counter’ and he prides himself on the ability to listen and understand what clients want. As a result, Jon is often asked to provide his insight at Board meetings or sit on Advisory Committees.
Professional Memberships & Recognition
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement
- Delaware Business Times 40 Under 40 – Class of 2015
Boards & Committees
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants – Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Past Council Member Representing the State of Delaware
- State of Delaware, Division of Professional Regulation – President of the Board of Accountancy
- St. Anne’s Episcopal School in Middletown, Delaware – Past Board of Trustees Member and Treasurer
- MOT Youth Sports – Volunteer Coach
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
Insights from Jonathan
- BLS Nonprofit Director Shares Insights in Delaware Banker
- CARES Act Opportunities for Nonprofits
- When Does a Nonprofit’s PPP Loan Convert from a Liability to Revenue?
- COVID-19 Update: Congress Agrees on Favorable Changes to Paycheck Protection Loans – What Does it Mean for Borrowers?
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Eases the Burden on Nonprofit Organizations
- IRS Repeals “Parking Lot Tax” on Nonprofit Employers
- Essential Resources for Delaware Nonprofits
- Effects of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Nonprofit Organizations
- A Look Ahead – The IRS’s Strategic Initiatives for Regulating the Tax Exempt Community.
- FASB Proposes Improvements to Not-For-Profit Financial Statements
- Identity Crisis – When There is a Need to Change Your Nonprofit’s Name
- Tax Deductibility of Contributions to Scholarship and Tuition Funds of Nonprofit Private Schools
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Fee
- Conversation Taboo: Auditors Advising on Auditor Rotation
- “Lifting the Veil” on the IRS Exempt Organizations Office
- Know the Right Way to Report Donations of Services
- The Risk of Not Honoring Donor Restrictions
- I Have a Question – What Accounting Issues Are Troubling You?
- They Weren’t Bluffing – The IRS Auto-Revocation of Exemption List Is Official
- Accounting for Agency Transactions
- Why Nonprofits Should be Paying Attention to the Blue Ribbon Panel
- A Little Help from “Our Friend”
- Making a List … And Checking it Twice!
- Is Your Organization Prepared to Weather the Storm?
- Should We Be Considering Interest Rate Swaps?
- Setting Executive Compensation Correctly